Island Home Park Neighborhood Association Board Meeting
Monday, January 9, 2017
Present: Nancy Campbell, Mary Wiginton, Jim Staub, Nathan Hunter, Mike Martin, Joanna Pennoyer, Jessica Rodocker, Krista Wiegand, Carolyn Williams.
Unable to Attend: Jeanne Fair, Amy Brooks, Brian Douglas, Bob Dziewulski, Marsha Hinde, Joe Hultquist and John Michael Scott
President Nancy Campbell called the meeting to order at 7:02pm.
Nancy Campbell presented the October minutes. Approved. (Hunter/Wiginton)
Mary Wiginton presented the report. Approved. (Williams/Hunter)
Discussion about including funds for porch hops – $25.00/household X 8 homes=$200.00.
Increasing funds for 4th of July to $150.00.
Include funds for the Marathon to be reimbursed by KTC so Mike Martin and others can buy the food/water and get it paid back directly to them. All funding for the marathon comes from the Knoxville Track Club.
Mary will write a new 2017 budget and it will be emailed to the board for a vote.
Nancy summarized the successes for the year:
- 52% of the households paid dues
- Website is updated and maintained by Rick Alexander
- Three newsletter and two holiday flyers (July 4th and Christmas)
- Updated, printed and delivered directory
- Two potluck suppers at Island Home Baptist Church
- 4 Porch Hops
- Easter Egg Hunt at the park.
- Christmas Holiday Tree Decorating and Lighting
- Adult progressive parties at two homes
- Annual TSD Student Community Service Plaque and $100.00 awarded
- Successful application for a grant to upgrade the Trolley Circle
- South Knoxville Neighborhood & Business Coalition participation
- Regular interaction with TSD construction project manager
- Regular interaction with Downtown Island Airport project manager
- Reestablished IHP memorial fund at Ijams Nature Center
Joe Hultquist leads this committee. The survey results show no certain damage to any homes. Vulcan continues to contact Joe when they are going to blast. No new information.
Carolyn updated that the city came and removed 2-5 feet from the Trolley Island at the front of the neighborhood and put in a new curb. 311 checked all utilities and everything was fine to dig for a wall. Volunteers are needed to build the wall when it is ready to be built. Lisa Stanley will be planting in the trolley island some time in February and volunteers will be needed for that project. The city will plant 3 small trees sometime in early spring. Wayne Williams won’t be able to do any physical work for several months.
Nancy said Connie Vogt will be leading the membership campaign. The drawing for a gift certificate worked well last year and will be done again this year. Connie collected money at the Easter Egg Hunt and people were good about paying when the envelopes and notes about dues were handed out.
Jessica asked about collecting dues with “Square” reader linked to IHPNA’s bank account which could be used at all events. The membership committee will look into it.
There were 3 newsletters in 2016, a flyer for July 4th and a flyer for Christmas. A newsletter with membership campaign information and news will need to be done.
Jessica asked about out-sourcing the redesign for the Island Home Park Logo since Megan Martin is too busy to work on it. Jessica will talk to a company she works with about how much they would charge.
Meeting adjourned: 7:48pm (Pennoyer/Wiginton)